Sunday, April 15, 2007

I'm getting Old.

I caint : bench press twice my body weight any more.
jog or swim for miles or
climb a rope using just my hands ......any more.

I caint: See as good as I used too: 20/20 or
Hear as good as I used too (poor high frequency)

I don't have near the endurance I used too...there's no way I could:
drive a truck for four days straight...nite and day....like I did during
LineBackerII during Viet Nam.

Or work three jobs (one full time and two part time) AND carry a full academic load like I did during the seventies.

Hell I can barely drive a thousand miles non stop anymore...and when I do it takes me two or three days to recover.

My Hair and beard are almost totally white.

I'm getting Old.

But then I think....of those who AREN'T getting old.
My first wife who died of kidney disease in her very early forties.....two weeks before her
first grandbabie was born.

My lovely wife's late husband who died about the same time of kidney
cancer...leaving a wife and young son. (we met on the internet...in Widow's and Widower's on AOL)

I think about Friends and Aquaintances of days gone by.

Bob Blum....a military buddie of mine who died of throat cancer.....he never smoked a day in his life.

Tom McNeily....who was an Honor's Student in High School with me at the time.....and was killed when an old lady pulled out in front of him....he was riding his motorcycle and crashed into her ....broke his neck.

Ricky Criswell....died after he got out of HighSchool...working on a Oil Derrick for college money....poison gas from the well.

Johnnie Bennette...a "preppie" in high school...voted "Most likely to succeed"or maybe it was "most popular" ...or something...you remember those high school senior votes?....I hear he's gone.

A bum that Scottie found this morning....

I talked to Scottie on the phone a little while ago....he got unloaded late yesterday and spent the nite in a motel in Loveland Colorado. When he came out to his truck early this morning he noticed a guy leaning up against a tree near his truck. He asked the guy if he'd like a cup of coffee. No response.... Scottie walked over to him...he seemed asleep. Scottie touched his arm...cold as ice.

A bum.....he apparently walked over to that tree during the nite...leaned back against it for a nap....and died.

Think of all the people the "Cut-n-run democrats " have killed.

....our vietnamese allies during the viet nam war.
........the cambodians and Laotians during that same war....

........the Killing Fields...that's why there were so many "boat people" during that time.

......................that occured after the US forces pulled out....and is likely to occur if we pull out of Iraq.

The Bay of Pigs and cuba.

The Kurds.

Not to mention killing them individually....
............oh...excuse me...they died under "odd" circumstances...

Mary Jo Kopchnee....Vince Foster....more.

And let's not forget the many thousands of unborn babies....

Endless list it seems.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Hey...I'm getting OLD.

Aint it GREAT?

EvMick