Friday, November 23, 2007

Back at the house again.

And just in time too.

Snow. Looks like it's heading to where I was. Bet it's cold too.

It's been like that for a couple of days now. Snow storms casually waltzing across the "middle". Pretty early for snow too. Guess global warming isn't working. Do you reckon that'll slow AlGore?


Well I left the house and went to Alabama to a national guard base there....really nice guys. I get along well with military it seems. I was one for a decade in the seventies so I can talk the talk. I genuinely like the boys. Nice people.

At any rate I loaded this..
I love these trucks. I don't know why. I've never driven one but there's just something about them that resonates with me.



As you can see these babies are tough.







I think it's the twin-steer part that I really like. That just seems to me to be a really good idea. At any rate I got her onboard and ready to go.



.........and we headed out.

Nice easy trip. Got to see a lot of new country I'd not been by before in Tennessee.

Had a nice discussion with a guy from New York at the Midway truckstop in Missiouri. He hates new york. It would have been rude of me to disagree with him about that so I kept quiet.

I offloaded



.........parked it with it's siblings....




........and conferred with mission control.

It was decided that there was nothing going on and there was GOING to be nothing going on until after Turkey Day.

I had two choices.

1. I could find a nearby truckstop and sit until monday and then deadhead somewhere to get a load.

2. I could head on back to the house. After Turkey Day we'd look for something.


Wasn't a hard decision.

I got in late yesterday. Still had time to have Turkey day dinner with the family.
I got stuffed.

Me and the dog got along pretty good too.


All in all it turned out to be a "no-brainer" to come home.

Glad I did.

No comments: