Wednesday, July 11, 2007

What I did on vacation.................

I didn't JUST stay up late on the internet (or reading)..........sleep till noon the next day....drink gallons of beer (and rum and coke) and smoke enuff ceegars to make a smokey diesel lokeymotive cower in shame.

Nope...not atall....me and my Beautiful Bride (tm) also worked on the truck.

Out with the old and in with the new kinda/sorta.

Out with EVERYTHING....in the truck.......and we cleaned it. Had too....fifty miles of dirt roads each trip on the windmill project makes for a dirty truck.

That took a few days....

Cleaned it inside and out. I waited for a rainy day ( it is to laff....it rained almost EVERY day I was home) and got out out the PowerWasher and washed the truck front to rear....top to bottom...paying particular attention to the motor.....it took several hours.

Seeing a Fatboy (tm) Sittting in a lawn chair...smoking a cegar....with a beer....in the rain...(sopping wet) spraying down the underside of a truck might strike some folks as a bit.........weird.......... But my neighbors have learned to cope.

We yanked the (inoperative) factory installed refrigerator.....and replaced it with a couple of drawers.

That took (amazingly) another few days....

We put NINE drawers in place of the fold down upper bunk....

(more daze)

We installed an inverter powered AC fan.

We did....lotsa other stuff.

About two weeks wurth of stuff....not to mention my new Cell Phone (Treo 755p)...and it's installation

Very Traumatic.

And we went to a movie......

I hadn't been to a movie since I took my grankids to see Spiderman....(long time ago)

Me and the Beautiful Bride (tm) went to see Transformers.....

What a HOOOOT!!!!!

Luved it. I highly recommend it. (also Alan Dean Foster's book by the same name...which I also read)

I was kinda disappointed though....why did Optimus Prime choose such a wimpy-semi to transform to? Just a three axel....and no Moose-Killer bumper...

Still....when he transformed he had a gattling-cannon..........I coulda used one of them a time or two....coulda been real handy....

EvMick

No comments: