Monday, April 23, 2007

I'm in El Paso.............

............agin. Getting ready for round #3.

Of course there are problems. When dealing with multiple beauracracies aren't there always problems? I got the Texas Permit back just now. It is to cry. Those folks have the attention span of a gnat. I call...tell em what the problem is...how to fix the problem...(all the time being careful to use very small words and speak very slowly).....and they fix the problem....and add new ones.

Sigh....lament...wail....knash teeth.

I'm not the only one who has trouble with em. We all do. (We=all overdimensional load transporters operating in the state of texas)........Texas Permit Department has a nation wide reputation as a bunch of morons.

A friend of mine was discussing it with me yesterday. Same load as I have....picked up at the same place...going to the same place.....different route. He's 16'9" tall...they routed him under a 14'7" bridge. I don't think it'd fit....neither did he. He had to back up 3 1/2 MILES to a spot he could turn around. He wasn't amused....neither was the HighWay patrol who convieniently showed ups AFTER he'd done all the backing. If the HP had shown up earlier they could have helped....but nooooooooo...

Any way....this little banty rooster like trooper gets out of his patrol car....struts around.....issues threats...(naturally...that type always threatens)....and says that Texas "doesn't make mistakes".

I about choked. I imagine any other heavy hauler would too. Texas is KNOWN ...nationwide... for making mistakes.

Any way....this driver I'm talking about dealt with it. Not without a certain amount of Hisitronics. It helped that the Sherif of that county was also present. Probably saved that banty rooster HP some embarassment.

So........I'm in the shop.

Oh? I didn't mention that. Yeah....use old junk.......er...I mean....when you use SEASONED...(yeah....seasoned...not wore out old junk) equipment....it's got to be patched.......er....repaired...regularly.

Of course my own personal equipment never gets to such a state of disrepair.....right? But were talking about company .........stuff.

I should get outa here soon....then go load another one and see what else life has to offer....

Like I said...the current Texas permit sux. Wonder about Oklahoma?

EvMick
Post a Comment