Thursday, December 27, 2007

Anger.............

.........at the system.

In NOVEMBER my wife received a notice that our/her health insurance premiums were going up and an offer to change plans such that the deductible would increase so that the premium would remain the same.

She tried to comply.....

NIGHTMARE

From listening to her explain what she's had to go thru and is currently going thru I would not want to buy ANYTHING from those people....much less health insurance. They can't get anything right. The word stupid just doesn't seem strong enough.

Serves us right for going with a small little know company. I think it's called Blue something....

Blue Shield?...Blue Cross?....dunno....I leave all that up to her.

So I tried to write a letter to my congress critter. Lamar Alexander I think. Better I should have gone outside and talked to the squirrels. He has some kind of email filter that is convinced that I'm not in his district. So no joy there.

........If i could push a red button.........

And they wonder why the polls show such low approval ratings? Ask me....I can TELL them why .........

I'm starting to wonder if the democrats don't have something after all. Their idea about health insurance wouldn't be any better..worse actually.....but the people that are causing ME trouble right now would be inconvenienced....and that would be a good thing.

No...I have a better idea. Suddenly Ron Paul is much more interesting than before. It occurs to me that certain segments of our "system" are terrified by him.

THAT would be a good thing.

Yeah...since Thompson is loosing steam I think Paul is the way to go.


Grrrr.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...I'm not sure I know what Ron Paul has to say about health care. Can you point me toward some information?

Health care, health insurance, and the status quo is a huge issue. My current health benefits, through the Operating Engineers, cost almost $750 per month (it's doubled in the last 10 years). Even working an average of 69 hours a week during construction season leaves me footing the bill myself two or three months a year.

I'll be lucky if the retirement benefit even covers the monthly cost of insurance by the time I retire. Things need to change and I'm open to all kinds of ideas. If Ron Paul has a good plan I'd be happy to back him, as well.

My wife gets her health care via the VA and, at least in Alaska, they do a great job. I don't normally believe the government does anything better than the private sector but, in my (very) limited experience, they seem to be doing right by her.

evmick said...

That post was written in anger..which is OK. I'm STILL angry.

I don't like what I see happening. I too am normally a free-market person and yes, you are right that gov. health care beats private. I see no contradiction there. Government steals from the private sector...it's called taxes....and then provides for itself. It's maybe one of the reasons that the government is
by far the largest employer in the US.

In nature a runaway parasite eventually kills the host. That happens in economies too. Take a look at any African economy or many of the South American ones.

The reason I was suggesting Ron Paul is that he might do something to HURT those who are hurting me.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Ron Paul is apparently scaring some "important" people. Notice that just today they're banning him from upcoming televised Presidential debates.

Why? They don't say.