Friday, April 13, 2007

Unloaded

After I'd snoozed for a little while I got up.



As you can see there's a little bit of snow on the ground. With the wind not blowing it just lays there.....kinda still. Different story with wind.....there appears to be a LOT more snow when it's windy.

I'm gonna put this thing besides that thing.That's the foundation to which my tower base will be bolted. See the bolts? Beyond it is a rotor hub and the blades.
Better pix of the blades.





And here we go. funny looking cranes. I've never seen any just like that. Real useful looking.




There's the "Crane Helper". Skytrack they call em. Most versatile machine on the job site. Right now he's setting outrigger pads for the cranes.
See it slid right under the outrigger?That's the "hook" the cranes use to pick the tower piece with. Just slides under the flange on either end. Saves a lot of time in comparison to other methods....like a sling. Only useful with two cranes though.



All done and I'm outa here.

Back to El Paso for another one.

EvMick

No comments: