Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I'm there.


I'm at FMC (Jetway division) in Ogden Utah.

Been here before a few times...I know the routine. 'bout like most places.....hurry up and wait. I suppose theyre doing last minit touch up things. Meanwhile curfew approaches.

Curfew. To OverDimensional and HeavyHaulers that's a consideration. In the Salt Lake City Metro area it's from 6 to 9 a.m and from 3:30 to 6:00 P.M.....no movement of OverSize loads within the designated area...and I'm in that area. ...and the clock is ticking. I've got until three thirty to get outa town or I stay here till tomorrow.
I figure I better leave here no later than about two in order to have plenty of time.

I'm Ready...

The Flip Axel is down....

The truck has "assummed the position" in preparation to backing into the loading bay. A double blind-side S curve into a building....

.........piece of cake.

......Ok
Ok....Now we got her loaded....I got her chained down. All the measurements are taken.

83 ft. Long overall...only 10 wide....14ft 3in high. Estimated gross weight....96 thousand lbs.

Called Wyoming for clearance...

Tiny-wide, short lightweight by comparison to some.....ready to rock and roll.


Can't...theyre gone to lunch....


figgers.

No comments: